By johnny shannon
Several animals have perished following an early morning fire in the reptile and amphibian house at the San Antonio Zoo.
The fire, reported Monday around 6:00 AM by a zoo employee, took the life of a Komodo dragon, and threatened the lives of several snakes, including a 22-foot python.
Deborah Foster with the San Antonio Fire Department tells 550 KTSA NEWS zoo employees used cages to remove the animals, as firefighters battled the blaze in the reptile area.
Officials said the fire, which appeared to be electrical in nature, caused an estimated $75,000 damage.
Photos: greenanimalworld.co.uk; megabuscoupons.com