Troop Appreciation Day – Friday, June 12, 2015 from 6:30a-11a at Alamo Lounge
– Soldiers in uniform eat for free
– Bring donations to KTSA all day long
– All proceeds will benefit Operation Interdependence
… is a nationwide 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides a means for community members to support troops serving on the frontlines, military families and veterans. Our long term goal is to ensure that every Solider, Sailor, Airman and Marine is served by OI® from the time they don the uniform to the day they are honorably laid to rest.
Below are some items you can donate, or if you wish, make a monetary contribution online!
Suggested items to donate:
Slim Jims / Beef jerky, Chapstick, Powered drinks, Hot hands, Sunflower seeds, Hand Sanitizer, Dried fruit, Sunblock, Energy bars, Pre-moist towels, Gum, Razors, Nuts, Trial size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, tooth paste (factory sealed), Snack bars, Crackers, Condiments BBQ Sauce, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, hot sauce packets, Quart bags.
Guidelines for C-Rats ®
Below are general guidelines for OI C-rats. All C-rats must be coordinated through authorized OI Area Managers or OI Box Coordinators. To participate you must register (link) with OI as a volunteer.
It goes without saying that nothing illegal or pornographic will be shipped.
- All items must be small enough to fit in a QUART SIZE (7 in. x 8 in.) zippered plastic baggie. We try to keep the baggies as flat and lightweight as possible. Remember, our troops are provided for so the C-rat is a treat! It is best to include only three or four items in each baggie. The most important part of the C-rat is the letter from a caring person back home.
- All items that go in the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, or on an open wound (band aids, Neosporin, OTC pain relievers/medications, foods, gum, toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, Chapstick, Q-tips, eye drops, etc.) MUST BE SAFETY SEALED BY THE MANUFACTURER. This is the only way we can ensure they have not been tampered with.
- Candy, gum, or foods of any kind that are twist wrapped cannot be shipped.
- Toothpaste that is in a glued box from the manufacturer is acceptable; toothpaste that is in a box secured only with tabs is unacceptable, unless the tube of toothpaste itself has a foil seal.
- Tea Bags/Coffee in sealed packages only – i.e. Maxwell House Singles or Earl Grey Tea.
- No envelopes or stamps will be sent.
- Pressurized cans of any kind will not be shipped by the post office.
- The most important items we ship to the troops are letters from the American people. The notes do not have to be long; just a short note about yourself, what’s going on back “home”, or some words of appreciation. Enlist the help of your family, friends, club, group, local schools, scout troops, church groups, etc.
- NO LAST NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, AND/OR ADDRESSES from anyone under 18 years of age.