Beauty Salon Damaged by Fire

An off-duty paramedic’s quick thinking may have prevented a big late night disaster.

“She saw and smelled smoke in the area, so she called 911” said the San Antonio Fire Department’s Christian Bove, describing how the scene began to unfold at a strip mall off of Nacogdoches Road–near North New Braunfels Avenue–at around 10 PM Tuesday.

“Our firefighters responded tot he scene–and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the strip center there” Bove said.

Those flames were tearing through an unoccupied portion of the strip center.

“There was heavy fire coming from the attic” Bove said, adding” Firefighters did a great job of for the most part containing the fire to that portion of the strip center. Unfortunately, some of the fire did spread toa neighboring business…a beauty salon.”

No one was hurt by the flames.

“At this point, it looks as though it was some sort of electrical issue up in the attic that was the cause of this fire” Bove said.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

A horse falls on the Bexar County Sheriff, crushes his foot Three teens arrested for threatening Seguin police, schools Accused San Antonio flea market shooter charged San Antonio adds most people in nation, New Braunfels among fastest growing San Antonio man is accused of killing his own mother San Antonio Express-News lays off 14 journalists
Comments