A big mess to clean up inside a Rivercenter Mall restaurant after an early morning fire.
“We made entry in tot he structure–and found the fire had actually been supressed mostly by the fire extinguishing system and the sprinklers inside of the building” said the San Antonio Fire Department’s Deborah Foster, describing the smoky fire that had broken out at around 1 AM Monday inside the Tony Roma’s Restaurant.
“We found that perhaps it was started by a pile of towels that had just been removed from the dryer and stacked on top of a shelving unit. There may have been some chemicals, or some oil–or something that was int he towels that may have ignited from the heat from the dryer” Foster said.
Damage from the flames, smoke, and water is estimated at about $15,000. No one was hurt.