LC Login Area


Register Login Forgot Password


Gas Stove Explosions Injure 2 Women



 by Elizabeth Ruiz

Two gas stoves explode, sending two women to area hospitals for treatment of burns.
 
The first incident occurred Tuesday night at a Southside residence  when a woman using a gas stove to heat the home  on West Gerald lit a cigarette.  
 
She suffered severe burns in the explosion and fire that caused $90,000 damage. 
 
"It's just another reminder that when it gets cold, the last thing you want to do is use your gas stove to keep warm," said San Antonio Fire Department spokesman Christian Bove.
 
In another incident Wednesday morning, a woman was burned when she turned on the gas stove at her home on Lyman Drive in Terrell Hills.
 
The explosion blew off the garage door and sent debris into the neighbors' yards. 
 
Meanwhile, the American Red Cross is helping 7 Westside  residents displaced by a fireplace fire that got out of control Wednesday afternoon.
 
"They actually used it for the first time and something caught fire in the chimney chute," said Bove.
 
He told 550 KTSA News damage to the two-story home on Harvest Time is estimated at $40,000.
 
"There's extensive damage to half of the house and most of the roof is gone," said Bove.
 

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
People : Christian BoveElizabeth Ruiz
KTSA AccuWeather
KTSA Traffic
Keyword Search
Business Directory
Search:        
KTSA Poll
 
ADVERTISEMENT