Space Heater Sparks NE Side Fire

A Northeast Side couple will have to find another place to stay after an early-morning fire left them out in the cold.

“We have determined that a space heater near some contents ignited the fire,” said Battalion Chief Robert Westbrook.

The couple and their dog escaped injury, but two pet birds perished in the blaze on Eisenhauer Road near Kingston.

It didn’t take long to extinguish the flames.

“We knocked down the fire, but we wanted to make sure no one else was inside,” said Westbrook. “There were a lot of contents in this small house.”

Damage is estimated at $3,000 to $4,000.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Electric Reliability Council of Texas shatters records twice in one day San Antonio group is helping grandparents who are raising grandchildren San Antonio food pantry for pets needs donations Woman killed in rollover accident was not wearing seat belt Even hotter weather expected for Texas New Braunfels man arrested, accused of sexually assaulting 6-year-old
Comments