Two Six Flags parks are getting in on the wagers between the Golden State Warriors and the San Antonio Spurs.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, Calif. and Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas, are each standing by their teams competing in the NBA Western Conference Championship.
The winner between the Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs will move on to the NBA Championship Finals.
In anticipation of the first game of the series Sunday, park officials have put up bets.
Should the Warriors defeat the Spurs:
- Fiesta Texas will change the name of their Iron Rattler wooden and steel coaster to “Iron Warriors” for a weekend.
- Ride crews will wear Warriors T-shirts and cheer the team on in their ride spiel.
- The park president will wear a Stephen Curry jersey all weekend long.
- A food basket featuring San Antonio’s famous chips, salsa and guacamole will be sent to Discovery Kingdom.
Should the Spurs beat the Warriors:
- Discovery Kingdom will change the name of their Medusa coaster to “The Spur” for a weekend.
- Ride crews will don Spurs T-shirts and cheer the Spurs during their ride spiel.
- The park president will wear a Kawhi Leonard jersey all weekend long.
- A food basket featuring San Francicso’s own Boudin sourdough bread and Ghiradelli chocolates will be sent to Fiesta Texas.
“We love our Spurs and we love San Antonio,” said Jeffrey Seibert, park president at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. “This fun wager will be exciting for our guests, and we cannot wait to see our sister park, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, pay up when we celebrate yet another San Antonio Spurs’ playoff series victory.”