A woman is lucky to be alive after fire swept through her home in the near Northwest side.
“We had an elderly resident who woke up to find her curtains were on fire,” said Woody Woodward with the San Antonio Fire Department.
He told KTSA News the woman managed to escape without injury and was outside with a neighbor when the first crews arrived on the scene shortly after 6 a.m.
“We did an additional search to make sure no one else was inside,” Woodward said.
While there were initial reports of an explosion at the home on West Gramercy Place, Woodward says there was nothing suspicious about the fire.
“That was just the fire venting itself out a window where it originated,” he said.
An electrical problem is being blamed.