(LOS ANGELES) — Opening in wide release on Friday:
* 12 Strong — Thor: Ragnarok‘s Chris Hemsworth stars in this historical drama based on the first Special Forces team deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11. Outgunned an outnumbered, they form an uneasy alliance with an Afghan warlord to take down the Taliban. Michael Shannon and Michael Peña also star. Rated R.
* Den of Thieves — Gerard Butler leads the cast of this crime drama pitting the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department against a crew of thieves who plan a seemingly impossible heist of the city’s Federal Reserve Bank. Also starring Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Straight Outta Compton‘s O’Shea Jackson, Jr. and Orange Is the New Black‘s Pablo Schreiber. Rated R.
* Forever My Girl — The heartwarming story of a country star — played by Alex Roe — who returns to his small hometown after nearly a decade to win back the love he left behind — portrayed by Jessica Rothe — and finds a surprise waiting for him. Rated PG.
* I, Tonya — Margot Robbie stars as the titular character in this dark comedy based on the true story of disgraced figure skater Tonya Harding, whose promising career was cut short when her husband tried to eliminate her rival. Also starring Sebastian Stan and Allison Janney. Rated R.
* Phantom Thread — In his final movie role, Daniel Day-Lewis plays Reynolds Woodcock, a persnickety dressmaker in 1950s London whose life is disrupted by a young, strong-willed woman — portrayed by Vicky Krieps — who becomes his muse and lover. Rated R.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.