Weather Alert

Boom Boom Sports Bar liquor license canceled revoked over triple homicide

Getty Images

SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — A San Antonio sports bar that was the site of a triple homicide was cut off by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission this week.

Boom Boom Sports Bar was open after hours illegally on August 15 when Daniel Barragan opened fire in the parking lot after an argument, killing three people and critically injuring three others. Police announced yesterday a search for a suspected second shooter.

Barragan was arrested outside of his home the day after the shooting and is facing three counts of capital murder.

The three people killed were identified as 26-year-old Mauro Rodriguez, 28-year-old Dan Martinez Jr. and 32-year-old April Rodriguez.

TABC officials said the owners of Boom Boom Sports Bar agreed to the permit cancelation on Tuesday. The sports bar is no longer allowed to sell or serve alcohol.

“Cutting off a bar’s ability to sell alcohol is among the most serious actions TABC can take in cases like this,” TABC Executive Director Bentley Nettles said. “Our goal at TABC is to help alcohol retailers understand their role in keeping the peace and upholding the safety of their customers and staff. It’s my hope that by working together, we can reduce violence and help ensure a safe alcoholic beverage industry for all Texans.”

TABC temporarily suspended the license last week while the organization with the San Antonio Police Department to determine if the bar’s policies or practices contributed to the shooting.

Police and TABC investigators are continuing to investigate.

San Antonio Police search for second man connected to deadly sports bar shooting

Boom Boom Sports Bar loses liquor license over weekend triple homicide

San Antonio Police arrest man accused of killing 3 at East side sports bar


Connect With Us Listen To Us On