“CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell will lead coverage on CBS broadcast stations, and she will be joined by “CBS This Morning” co-host Gayle King and “60 Minutes” correspondent and CBS News senior political analyst John Dickerson. Former Obama senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and former Trump chief of staff Reince Priebus will also provide analysis.
How to watch the vice presidential debate
- What: Vice presidential debate between Vice President Mike Pence and Kamala Harris
- Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- Location: University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Time: 9-10:30 p.m. ET
- Debate coverage on CBS broadcast stations and CBSN: 9-11 p.m. ET
- “Red & Blue” debate preview: 5 p.m.
- CBSN debate coverage: Preshow coverage at 8:30 p.m. and post-show coverage begins at 11 p.m.
- Online stream: Live on CBSN — in the player above and on your mobile phone, connected TV or gaming console. Download the free CBS News app for full CBSN coverage and live convention updates. CBSN streaming is available on all major platforms, including iOS, Android, Roku, Amazon, Apple, Samsung and Pluto.
- Follow: Vice presidential debate live blog updates on CBSNews.com
Two days after first presidential debate, President Trump announced that he and first lady Melania Trump had tested positive for COVID-19. He is being treated for the virus at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Campaign manager Bill Stepien and former New Jersey Governor, both of whom helped with Mr. Trump’s debate preparation, have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as Hope Hicks, counselor to President Trump. Christie also checked into the hospital for treatment. Chris Wallace, the moderator of the first debate, said Mr. Trump arrived too late to the debate site to be tested for COVID-19 there.
Pence has been tested multiple times since then, and he said the latest test, on Sunday, was negative.
Harris announced on Friday that she and her husband, Doug Emhoff, had both. To limit travel, she arrived in Salt Lake City on Friday night.
The candidates will be seated 12 feet away from each other.