Murder Suspect Dead, Child Found Safe

by Elizabeth Ruiz

A man accused of killing his estranged wife and abducting their 18-month-old son is dead after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

It was the end to a heartbreaking turn of events that started shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday when police were called to a northwest side home on Arbor Bluff.

“We received a call to assist the public with a child exchange,” said San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.

Officers were on the way when they got another call about shots being fired.

“Officers arrived on the scene and found a woman dead in front of the front door,” said McManus.

The boy was missing and an Amber Alert was issued for the child and his father, identified as 37-year-old Richard Jose Concepcion, who was driving a white Toyota Tundra.

Hours later, Concepcion, a military veteran, was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound and the boy was unharmed in the back seat of the pickup truck in Guadalupe County, just east of San Antonio.

McManus says there are two other children in this family and officers had been called several other times for domestic problems at the home on Arbor Bluff.

He says if you’re involved in a bitter divorce or child custody dispute, you can arrange to drop off or pickup your child at a police substation.

“We arrange for that (child exchange) to take place at any of the police substations or at police headquarters if one of the parties doesn’t feel safe,” said McManus.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Mayor to form commission to look at paid sick leave ordinance Deadline to apply for Miss Fiesta is next week Woman killed when pickup slams into metal pole San Antonio: The mistress of professional sports Boerne woman calls police, shoots at them while they investigate Wanted drug dealer hides in fortified Seguin house, police bust through
Comments