San Antonio couple escapes as fire damages their South side home

SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — An elderly couple had to evacuate their home on San Antonio’s South side early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters responded to the call from the 200 block of Crane Avenue at around 4:30 A.M.

Flames were shooting from the home when crews arrived.

Firefighters reported there was a lot of clutter in the home which made it difficult to get to the room where the fire had started.

The fire broke out under a couch and it appears it was due to a faulty extension cord.

No injures were reported.

More about: