San Antonio family of three escape when fire breaks out in their home

SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — A family of three had to evacuate their home on San Antonio’s East side when a fire broke out.

It was just before 3 A.M. when the Sterling Drive resident heard a popping noise. The man, who uses a wheelchair, got out of bed to investigate.

There was a lot of smoke and after waking his wife and 14 year old child, they made their way outside.

They all got out safely but their home has a lot of damage so they will be staying with family members for a while.

Firefighters tell KSAT-12 a faulty hot water heater was the likely cause of the fire.

More about: