SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — A family of three had to evacuate their home on San Antonio’s East side when a fire broke out.
It was just before 3 A.M. when the Sterling Drive resident heard a popping noise. The man, who uses a wheelchair, got out of bed to investigate.
There was a lot of smoke and after waking his wife and 14 year old child, they made their way outside.
They all got out safely but their home has a lot of damage so they will be staying with family members for a while.
Firefighters tell KSAT-12 a faulty hot water heater was the likely cause of the fire.