SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — Residents of a Northeast side apartment building had to evacuate Tuesday morning when a fire broke out.
Firefighters got the call at around 2:30 A.M. from the 3400 block of Northeast Parkway.
They were met with heavy smoke coming from a corner apartment. Once the smoke cleared, they discovered a malfunctioning water heater was the cause.
The fire didn’t cause much damage beyond the area where the hot water heater was kept.
No injuries were reported and none of the residents were displaced.