San Antonio man discovers his house is on fire after dogs wake him up

SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — A resident on San Antonio’s West side can thank his dogs for getting his attention as fire burned through his home.

It was around 2 A.M. Wednesday in the 9700 block of Buffalo Peak when the man woke up to his dogs barking.

When he got out of bed to see what had them worked up, he noticed smoke was filling the house.

The man gathered up his two dogs, went outside and called 9-1-1.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire before it destroyed the home.

Firefighters say the home suffered about $5,000 in damages and it appears an electrical issue with a ceiling fan on the patio was the cause.

No injuries were reported.

More about: