Weather Alert

Two escape after candle sparks fire at San Antonio home

San Antonio Fire truck (Photo: KTSA/Elizabeth Ruiz)

SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — A mother and her daughter were able to escape as flames ripped through their West side home Sunday night.

Firefighters got the call from the 1100 block of Merida Street at around 11:30 P.M.

They were able to extinguish the fire quickly and discovered that it was started by a lit candle that was to close to some laundry.

The daughter has asthma and was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.

It’s estimated that about $50,000 worth of damage was done to the home.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On