Garage catches fire at Texas home of boxer George Foreman

HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities say an accidental fire in a garage at the Texas home of former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman damaged the garage and several vehicles, but caused no injuries.
A spokeswoman for the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office, Rachel Moreno, says the Sunday night blaze didn’t spread beyond the garage. She says smoke and water damaged some of the approximately 40 vehicles inside. Moreno said the fire started on a golf cart.
Foreman later tweeted, “Don’t worry all is well.” He thanked firefighters who responded to the home in Huffman, an unincorporated community in the Houston area.
The fire comes just more than a month after Foreman’s daughter, Freeda Foreman, was found dead in her home in suburban Houston.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

4 sentenced for using helicopter for sport hunting in Texas Ex-Texas swimmer sues over allegedly tainted vitamins Dallas-Fort Worth metro area saw biggest population growth in Texas in 2018 Survivor of Texas tornado describes escape from grass house ICE arresting, deporting fewer people due to border surge O’Rourke says he gave more to charity than tax returns show
Comments