Guests at San Antonio hotel forced out when air conditioning unit catches fire

SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — A faulty air conditioning unit is being blamed for a fire that forced guests to evacuate from a North side hotel.

San Antonio fire fighters were called to the Home2Suites Hilton on Loop 410 at around 2:30 A.M. Wednesday.

The number of people inside couldn’t be confirmed but the hotel was fully booked.

The guests all got out safely and firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to one room.

Guests were allowed back inside once the fire was out.

Damage estimates are between $5,000 and $7,000.

More about: